Lužánky are with about 20 ha the oldest, for the public open city park in the czech countries, the most important Brno’s park and they is cleared for a historic landmark. In the 16th century, on the area of today’s Lužánky in Lužní forest near the beck of Ponávka , there was a farmstead. This was given by the emepror Rudolf II. In the year 1578 to Jesuits. After the cancelling of the Jesuits in the year 1773 gave the emperor Rudolf II. On 9.9.1786 the former Jesuit garden to the inhabitants of Brno to establish a city public park. This establishment was given to a gardener Antonín Bisinger. In the year 1788 were the works finished, in frensch style, baroque avenues of trees in combination with landscape alterations along the river Ponava. Park Lužánky became soon an amusement and communal centre of the city. In 50’s of the 19th century, Changes into a natural landscape park were made, led by Karl Offermann, the director of the provincial gardens of Lužánky and Františkov. In the year 1849, was declared the park for a historic landmark. In the years 1853 to 1855, there was built a newrenaissance pavilion, accordin to project of Ludvík Förster and Theofil Hansen. In the second half of the 19th century, was completed the park by many trees of foreign origin, thanks an art gardener Antonín Šebánek. At the end of the 19th century, the park Lužánky had all trees occuring in Moravia and more than 150 kinds of foreign vegetation. Since 1991, there is happening a reconstruction according a project of Mr. Professor Ivan Otruba.